Adam brings extensive experience working with developers, principals, consultants, head contractors, subcontractors and suppliers to facilitate and manage commercial transactions and disputes within Western Australia’s construction and natural resources industries.
Adam’s commercial and front-end construction practice includes:
• preparing and reviewing of tenders
• drafting of bespoke contracts and transactional document, as well as amendments to standard contracts common in the construction industry
• negotiating and reviewing a wide range of contracts and transactional documents
• providing advice on the administration and management of contracts, including the interpretation of contract terms and conditions, the assessment of obligations, entitlements and remedies and the drafting, assessment, defense, avoidance and negotiation of claims such as payment claims, variations and extension of time
• providing in-house training for clients on the administration and management of contracts, Security of Payment legislation and dispute resolution
Adam’s practice also covers dispute resolution, including:
• commercial negotiations and dispute resolution conferences
• permissive and prescriptive mediations
• permissive and prescriptive expert determinations
• the preparation and response to adjudication applications under Security of Payment legislation and the judicial review of adjudicator’s determinations
• arbitration and litigation
Prior to relocating to Australia, Adam lived in the United States where he worked in-house on commercial transactions and dispute resolution for a government regulated energy company.
Adam holds a Juris Doctor (Hons) with a concentration in Commercial Transactions from the University of Dayton School of Law and a BA in Business Management and Economics from Wittenberg University.
Member, Society of Construction Law